Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] i50 depth connections
11-22-19, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-22-19 01:42 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] i50 depth connections
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum eddystone,

Q1. I assumed I would connect transducer here but the transducer cable terminates in an ST type which suggests should be plugged into one of 2 circular sockets - is this correct?
A1. Negative. At least three versions of the P79 Transducer have been offered by Raymarine, two of which were designed for use with depth instrument displays. The analog instrument variant of the P79 Transducer (E26001-pz) features leads which have been terminated with 1/8" female blade connectors. This variant of the P79 Transducer should have been advised for use with an i50 Depth or i50 Tridata instrument. The transducer's leads would then have been mated to the matching color coded male blade terminals of the i50 Depth or i50 Tridata instrument.

The SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 Smart variant of the P79 transducer features a SeaTalkng spur (white) plug as you have described. The SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 Smart variant of the P79 transducer (A80373 (NMEA2000)
or T70278 (with SeaTalkNG Adapter)) is not designed to be plugged into the i50 Depth instrument's spur socket as you have suggested. Like other SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 devices, this variant of the P79 transducer was designed to be interfaced to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which instrument displays would have additionally been interfaced. An i70S/i70 MFID or Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFD would also need to be interfaced as a spur to the backbone to support configuration of depth offsets and to support configuration depth related alarms. Should this variant of the P79 transducer and the i50 Depth instrument alone be interfaced to the backbone, then the i50 Depth instrument would repeat the depth below transducer data produced by the P79 transducer, but would be unable to support configuration of depth offsets and to support configuration of depth related alarms.

Q2. I am also assuming the older i50 log will have a spare circular socket so that i can daisy chain power to i50 depth which will sit alongside.
A2. Indeed these may be daisy chained to one another via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable or better yet should each be interfaced individually to a spur socket within the aforementioned SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] i50 depth connections - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-22-19 01:40 PM