Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] What can I replace an S1 Pilot computer with?
11-26-19, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-26-19 08:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] What can I replace an S1 Pilot computer with?
I currently have a Drive Type 4 coupled with SeaStar power assist.

(Twin 300 Suzuki, dual steering pistions, two stations)

The issue is a bit wonky... I've posted about it before...

Boat batteries, fully charged (shore power). Turn things on, and it goes to Standby and will function for a few seconds, then it goes to "Current Limit". What I've noticed is that as time goes on the cycle between "Current Limit" and "Standby" gets shorter... also, the heading starts out as being off and slowly gets 'correct'.

Now... here's the funny part. After about 20-30 minutes (not at the dock) it will start to work just fine, and continue to work fine for the entire day (as long as I don't shut it off).

However, dockside, even after the 30 minutes, it still will continue to cycle and not function correctly. (This is with battery charger on maintaining "Green" battery charger status (batteries charged to spec).

I've gone over the great tips in your various posts on this subject. I've tightened and checked connections, etc.
[But I'm willing to redo connections again... heck, I'm willing to take power direct from the battery with a set of leads! -- a thought that just entered my mind!... I'd guess that would eliminate the battery/power connections, I have a fused set of wires of this very purpose with large alligator clips...]

Hmmm.... Let me know your thoughts. The only thing I haven't done is disconnect all the hydo. lines and do the amp. draw test on the pump... mostly because with two motor cylinders, two stations, and SeaStar PowerAssist... it's a ton of work, if I can avoid it!

Many thanks! :) Pete

E120 Classic (Master) & E80 Classic (Upper Station) - 10KW 4' Open - DSM300 w/Airmar M260 - S1 AP (Type 1 Pump) w/8002 & 6002 - SeaTalkHG - And... lots and lots of wire and boxes. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] What can I replace an S1 Pilot computer with? - OldPete - 11-26-19 07:46 AM