Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A65 Orginal Question
09-23-16, 12:07 PM
RE: A65 Orginal Question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ski,

Q1) My question is the cable only has 5 leads and the diagram shows 6 leads being connected. I see two of them go to shield, do I just jump off the single shield wire to both connectors or eliminate one?
A1) The Raystar 125's shield lead should be connected to pins 2 and 3.

Q2) Lastly, the unit has the Navionics US All-in-One Marine OEM CF/91SN V17 card installed. Will that card display land mass as I navigate in our bayous and along our gulf coast? When I run simulation mode I only see blue seas with no land mass. If not is there an add on card still available for this older unit for Northwest Florida (Pan Handle) that I can purchase.
A2) The detail of the cartography displayed is not affected by A60/A65's Simulator setting ... it is dependent upon the detail found within the Navionics chart card which will be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader. The Navionics Silver Chart card supplied with the A60/A65 included nautical charts for the coastal waters of the United States. As the A60/A65 are no longer supported, it is recommended that the chart card that you have be inserted into the MFD's memory card reader to verify that detailed cartography may be viewed for the coastal areas. If not, then it may indicate that the A65's memory card reader has suffered a failure ... this would necessitate replacement of the A65, as Raymarine can no longer service these displays. The A60/A65 Chartplotter/Fishfinders were designed for use with Navionics Silver, Gold, and HotMaps Premium cartography that was available at the time that the A60/A65 product line had been marketed. The Navionics web site does not list any of its presently manufactured chart cards as being compatible with A60/A65 Chartplotter / Fishfinders.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A65 Orginal Question - ski - 09-23-16, 06:02 AM
RE: A65 Orginal Question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-23-16 12:07 PM
RE: A65 Orginal Question - ski - 09-25-16, 08:33 AM