Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i50/i60 Network Connections
03-22-16, 10:23 AM
RE: i50/i60 Network Connections
The i50/i60 instrument displays should be connected directly to the transducers if you want calibration or adjustment capabilities. If you connect to the iTC-5 the i50/i60 display will only be repeaters of the data.

Yes, following the below diagram will work, what you are doing to connecting the i50/i60 and i70 instrument displays using the Seatalk 1 bus. Keep in mind the new instrument displays are Seatalk NG (NMEA 2000) but can work on the Seatalk 1 interface, but NOT both.

Yes, connected this way you will see repeated compass and rudder reference data from the S1G course computer on the i70 display.

Yes, the autopilot will also be able to see the instrument data, and be able to use the wind data, for wind mode.

Adding the new MFD and autopilot will cause a complete wiring change, because the new equipment like the i50/i60 and i70 instrument displays are using the newest Seatalk NG/ NMEA 2000 interface. What I recommend to users like yourself, where you plan on future upgrades to the system on this particular vessel, that you install the new equipment using the Seatalk NG backbone and connect the S1G and ST6001 autopilot via a Seatalk to Seatalk NG converter. This will allow the same communication above with the compass and rudder data on the new instruments and the autopilot using the instrument data, but also setting the ground work of the wiring to then easily add the newer MFD and autopilot into the system in the future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: i50/i60 Network Connections - Steve - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-22-16 10:23 AM