Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar
07-19-18, 06:57 PM
RE: [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar
Hello Popeye,

1. No, I'm sorry to say that there's no way to get a Quantum to talk to anything earlier than Lighthouse2 displays, and in fact Quantum 2 will only work with Lighthouse 3. The earlier displays' software, pre-dating the Quantum, wouldn't recognise it as a radar.

2. The best place to install a transducer is forward of the keel if at all possible because of the turbulence that can come off the keel and disrupt the sounder performance.

3. I don't know any detail about the Interphase, but I thought that they had a composite video output that was commonly connected to E-series Classic generation displays. Maybe that's why you can't find a screen on-board.

4. I don't know about a can, but I have a bag of Woolies' finest in the office 'fridge for emergencies.

Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar - popeye46 - 07-19-18, 06:23 AM
RE: [TG11] 2006 E120 with Radar - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-19-18 06:57 PM