Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] CP570 to 3KW Transducer Upgrade from 2KW
03-17-20, 02:56 PM
RE: [CA11] CP570 to 3KW Transducer Upgrade from 2KW
Q1. will you get better performance with a b175hw connected to a CP570 or just plug it in to 1 of my Axiom pro rvx? Or, iui s it just the same performance out of the b 175hw?
A1. The advantage of Wide beam transducer is to scan a wider area ... which may in turn increase your ability to locate fish. As indicated within other threads in which I have addressed this subject, the primary advantage of an external fishfinder sounder module is that its sole function is to process analog fishfinder transducer signals. As such external sounder modules do not have additional circuitry (ex. displays, WiFi, etc.) which can be a source of signal noise which can adversely affect fishfinder performance. Typically, external fishfinder sonar modules will provide the greatest level of fishfinding performance (depth and image quality) over a MFD's internal fishfinder circuitry. Anecdotal feedback has supported the information supplied above. As you system already has a CP570, it would typically be recommended that it be used as much as is possible.

Q2 Is it the same performance if I get 1 b175h, and a B175L connected to a CP570, or a b265lh connected to an axiom pro rvx?
A2. The performance of these options are not the same. The CP570 has two fully independent high power CHIRP sonar channels while the MFD's internal sonar circuitry has one high power CHIRP sonar channels. As such, when interfaced to a transducer pair or transducer supporting two CHIRP frequency ranges, the MFD's internal sonar circuitry will alternate between each channel, and will therefore ping at 1/2 the rate of a transducer pair or transducer supporting two CHIRP frequency ranges.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] CP570 to 3KW Transducer Upgrade from 2KW - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-17-20 02:56 PM