Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SeatalkNG to S1 course computer
07-27-16, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-27-16 09:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: SeatalkNG to S1 course computer
57BlueWolf,

Q1) The Control Head beeps continuously with RUDDER REF as the message. Do I need to restore the factory resets to overcome this? I was not planning to use a Rudder reference and I understood I did not need to - am I correct?
A1) The S1/S2/S3/S1G/S2G/S3G autopilot course computers must be interfaced to a rudder reference transducer.

Q2) Neither the i70 or the MFD recognize the Pilot - is that related to 1) above, as the Pilot is not yet fully functioning?
A2) Should the MFD and i70 display heading data (i.e. the heading data item is not specifying dashes for a value), then they would be deemed to be communicating with the autopilot. If not, then they would be deemed to have not been correctly interfaced to the SeaTalkng backbone. The Autopilot Control feature must be configured ON within the MFD's user interface.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SeatalkNG to S1 course computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-27-16 09:52 AM