Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DS600X change out to es MFD
11-03-16, 08:48 AM
RE: DS600X change out to es MFD
Dave,

Q1) I can see the display and the speed but can not get the water temp.
A1) Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2) I am also planning to have 2 MFDs, the 7" and 9", reading through the posts it appears I need a backbone and 2 spurs for them to talk. I have a wifi RADAR and would like to use either one for chart/sonar/RADAR, and will select the 9" as the master.
A2) The MFDs are not designed to communicate one another through a backbone. Instead, the MFDs are designed to communicate with one another via an Ethernet Network, much in the same manner that one would interface the MFDs to Fishfinder Sounder Modules, Digital / HD Digital / Super HD Radar Transducer, Sirius Satellite Weather / Radio Receivers, IP Cameras, Thermal Cameras, etc. Should the MFD's not have sufficient Ethernet Network sockets to support daisy chaining the MFDs and these other devices to one another, then these devices may be instead interfaced (via appropriate lengths of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable) to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. To learn more about Ethernet networking of compatible Raymarine products, click here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DS600X change out to es MFD - davej - 09-13-16, 07:41 AM
RE: DS600X change out to es MFD - davej - 09-13-16, 10:54 AM
RE: DS600X change out to es MFD - davej - 11-02-16, 09:13 PM
RE: DS600X change out to es MFD - davej - 11-03-16, 12:03 PM
RE: DS600X change out to es MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-03-16 08:48 AM