Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Interface EV-100 Sail to Raymarine wind transducer
03-02-17, 11:25 AM
RE: Interface EV-100 Sail to Raymarine wind transducer
JP,

Q1. I'm assuming, if I have appropriately installed my EV-100, that I do have a "powered and properly terminated SeaTalk backbone" as referenced in that spur cable link!
A1. Should the autopilot be functioning, you may safely assume that a powered SeaTalkng backbone has been installed to interface these products to one another. With respect to the "properly terminated" point, a termination plug must be inserted into the blue backbone socket of the backbone's two end sockets.

Q2. This is the only instrumentation I have apart from some Autohelm ST50 Depth and Log - is there any benefit to them connecting in here?
A2. Unlike ST50+ instruments, the ST50 instruments should not be interfaced to the system via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Should the SeaTalk bus which had ST50 wind instruments and it have been interfaced to a SeaTalk to NMEA 0183 data bridging device (ex. E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module (no longer available, Brookhouse iMux, etc.)) then it would have been recommended that the NMEA 0183 output port of the E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module be interfaced to a NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG, etc.) to support the autopilot's wind vane mode (sailing vessels only).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interface EV-100 Sail to Raymarine wind transducer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-02-17 11:25 AM