Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E80 radar overlay blanked in close range
08-24-17, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-17 11:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: E80 radar overlay blanked in close range
Chuck,
The radome is the 2KW model older analog type I think the RD12. It worked on my C70 and the E80.
Sea Clutter--cannot remember an adjustment called Sea Clutter but if it is on a soft key then I have adjusted it. I remember the Harbor/Ocean/manual adjustment and no joy w/ any of those choices. The "wakes" adjustment has no effect but pls note there is no video in close so if that adjustment effects only the close in returns then I cannot say for sure as I can only look for cause and effect out at the 1.75 mile range and beyond. The STC has been from both extremes along with the manual control over the Rx gain. When I say an adjustment works what I mean is when you adjust the chart scale "out" (so as to be able to see the radar video) beyond a mile range ring, then while observing the radar video from there one can see effects while changing controls. I have tried resetting the radar settings (using the radar SW auto presetting) with Rx gain at both extremes. I can set the Rx gain up so high (about 96) and then drop the STC down to around 3 that what appears to be sparkles show up all 360 degrees and all ranges. Main Bang, range calibration, EBL alignment, interference, STC, gain, FTC, Rain, ocean/harbor, Rx tuning, waves or wakes (can't remember what it's called), enhanced echo's, all no joy.
Pls note the system only has GPS and the older fluxgate coming into the A/P. The heading is not bridged ( in I think its set in the system setup menu)
One time in the life of this system this has occurred (if I remember correctly it was when I first installed the E80) I fiddled and fiddled and all of a sudden it was working. If there is a key sequence that must be followed I'm missing it.

Thanks,

Phil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: E80 radar overlay blanked in close range - Phil Niles - 08-24-17 10:43 AM