The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Transducer Replacement
07-08-18, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-18 12:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Transducer Replacement
Hello -

Have a systems with e125,I70, P70, evolution auto, and all analog transducers (wind, speed/temp, and depth) connected to an ITC-5.

This 43' sailboat is current out of the water for some work, and I need to make a decision on replacing the depth transducers, as it is randomly zeroing out at all depths. Works well for a period of time and then starts this behavior again. All ITC-5 connections are in accordance with the manual and are solid, thus I am thinking the issue is either the transducer or ITC-5.

Since I already have 2 holes in the boat for transducers (depth & speed/temp), I need to decide between replacing the depth transducer with just depth or a SMART DST800. Couple of questions:
1) Performance - does depth reading performance (depth only, no fishfinder) differ between the SMART DST800 and the traditional D800?
2) SMART DST800 - what is the cable length? Cannot seem to find that in any of the specifications.
3) If I keep the current analog speed/temp as a backup and install a SMART DST800, I would like to verify that I can keep both hooked up and select the data source through the I70 or e125.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Transducer Replacement - lwitty - 07-08-18 01:14 PM