Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Integrating a 250 AIS
11-24-19, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-25-19 10:00 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Integrating a 250 AIS
Hi Chuck... I've now fitted my AIS 250 unit... But I'm struggling a bit... I don't seem to be getting any data from either the AIS or the SHS....(Via Nmea anyway)

Some questions if I may... The AIS is wired as per your Diagram... It's powering up and I'm getting an occasional red flash on the unit but no TX light.... (I currently have my VHF antenna down). But would expect the unit to communicate something... I've checked the Nmea 1 data stream on the A50D... but its showing no received data....

The SHS unit is transmitting the compass data on the sea talk... However the current wiring (Connected to the 2nd Nema port on the A50D) only has the Green and white wires connected on the SHS... Do I need to connect the yellow and Brown???

I was going to connect the 230E VHF to the AIS unit (As specified in the wiring diagram)... I have 4 wires, However two of the wires are labelled hailer + and -... I presume the other two (black and white from memory) are connected to the 2nd nmea? and if so where??

Any suggestions most welcome

Regards

Tim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Integrating a 250 AIS - morepower - 11-24-19 03:36 PM