Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70
05-07-19, 12:16 PM
RE: [CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ereinius,

Q1a. can the ST60 Tridata / Wind be used as repeater?
A1a. Yes.

Q1b. if yes, would this set up work and if not what would need to changed?
A1b. It is recommended that the ST4000 and ST60 instruments be interfaced to the system via either of the following two methods:
- option 1: install a second SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter within the backbone. One will be dedicated to the autopilot and the second will be dedicated to the ST60 instruments. See Note below.

- option 2: change the order of the SeaTalk bus daisy chain from ST-STng Converter <-> ST4000 <-> ST60 Tridata <-> ST60 Wind to ST-STng Converter <-> ST60 Tridata <-> ST60 Wind <-> ST4000. See Note below.

Note: For each of the options listed above, when interfacing the ST4000 autopilot to the system, the ST4000 SeaTalk port's power terminal (red) will not be used. This may also be facilitated by cutting the SeaTalk cable which is connected to the ST4000 and then splicing all but its red leads back together. The SeaTalk cable's red leads would be insulated to prevent shorting.

Q2. Could the "instrument backbone" be powered on it's own, without powering the ST4000+?
A2. Yes. Either of the above listed options will permit the system to function in the manner which you have described.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] ST60 tridata/wind as repeater for i60/i70 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-07-19 12:16 PM