Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] eS127 re-boot using LH 3
12-09-19, 09:11 PM
RE: [TG11] eS127 re-boot using LH 3
Hello Zonefive1,

You can post crashlogs back here. They're key to our engineers finding and fixing whatever is causing the issues you're seeing, so please do send them if you can. Please make sure that you update to v3.11 (Cannes) though, as if you're still running 3.9 (Annapolis) you're missing out on two versions worth of fixes and improvements.

As someone who's not involved in the development of the MFD software but does do some software development in other areas, I might say that the developers and in particular the tester have a harder job than it might seem. We're constantly under pressure to add new features - most people only want a few features, but everyone wants a different few which means a lot in total - and the combinations of products, settings and user-keypresses that need to be tested is practically infinite and not every possible situation can be foreseen and tested for. As an example, I know of a few cases of MFDs that frequently reboot as a result of incorrect and invalid NMEA2000 data being output by one type of third-party AIS transceiver, and I was involved in another bug investigation a while back which only occurred if you had a specific combination of instrument displays and data, an active waypoint and a certain active system alarm at the same time, and only then intermittently.

If you can get 3.11, and then if the problems still occur you can get me the log files, I will look through and pass to our engineers.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] eS127 re-boot using LH 3 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-09-19 09:11 PM