Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
12-31-19, 10:13 AM
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
Jeff,

Q1. With the system all online and SW all updated, (no AR200 connected yet) the Axiom 12 (Master) it is unable to recognize any data sources following the X30 Install. *see pictures* It displays a message about not manually selecting a source. I did not try to manually select a source. It also says that on the i70 multi display.
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Accordingly, Data Source selection may only occur after having temporarily unplugged the SPX30 from the backbone until the Data Source selections have been perfomed. Earlier, I had suggested that the AR200 be tested for use as the heading input for the SPX30. To do so, it would be necessary to detach the fluxgate compass from the SPX30.

Q2. (I found out that the AR200 is also a GPS antenna as well and was just looking to see if the system had defaulted to it, as its position source but for some reason this message came up for any item you selected.)
A2. See the response to Q1. After having unplugged the SPX30 from the backbone, the AR200 (which should have been installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead) should be selected as the system's Data Source for Heading, GPS, Datum, and Date & Time.

Q3. While at the dock before leaving to head back home, I connected up the AR-200 unit and turned everything on. The video page showed the AR data and was waiting on movement to complete the linearization . Once under-weigh, we did a slow circle and the linearization indicated it had completed.

From that point, the boat icon was skewed off heading by about 20 degrees (see pics) and the radar daymarks on the waterway were off by some as well.
A3. No determination may be made until Data Source selection has been properly performed. However, should the problem persist thereafter, then the symptom reported may indicate that

- the sensed deviation at the location of the AR200 is too high (should be no greater than 9 degrees) ... relocated the AR200, and/or

- the AR200's Heading is in need of an offset. This detailed within Chapter 5.2: AR200 Calibration of the AR200 Installation Instructions ... and/or

- the fluxgate compass is still connected to the SPX30 ... we need to verify whether the SPX30 will accept heading data from the AR200 and accordingly the fluxgate compass should be disconnected from the SPX30 until it has been verified that the SP30 can steer to heading input from the AR200 (i.e. can be successfully commanded into Auto mode when underway), and/or

- the software within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is not up to date, and/or the operator has erroneously entered a variation value within two components within the system. Within systems featuring a MFD, local variation would typically be configured only within the MFD ... which would typically be configured to AUTO.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-31-19 10:13 AM