Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
01-21-20, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-22-20 01:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
Jeff,

Previous provided instructions called for disconnecting the fluxgate compass from the autopilot to perform the autopilot tests which I had inquired about. Should you have not already done so, then the fluxgate compass should be disconnected from the autopilot course computer and the previously specified autopilot tests should be performed.

Q1: Should I move that compass and wire into the ITC-5? just as a back-up..and wire the P79 to the ITC-5 as well? Good idea for redundancy?
A1. I wouldn't recommend doing so, as the autopilot will not utilize heading data from the iTC-5 ... it's update rate would be too slow for the autopilot. Should you ever encounter an issue with the AR200, then it should be unplugged from the backbone and the fluxgate should then be connected to the course computer.

Q2. I was also thinking of reducing the points of failure by removing the ST converter, as part of the integration of the new i70 displays NG connection,
A2. SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter failures are rare. That said, i70/i70S MFID bring significant performance, flexibility, and features over dedicated ST60 instruments.

Q3. Maybe use a NG Tee fitting since there are not enough spurs on the 5 way to add in the i70's?
A3. Should the i70/i70S MFIDs each be within 6m of a spur (white) socket within the backbone then they may each simply be interfaced to the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable. If not, then the backbone will need to be extended to the location of the i70/i70S MFIDs where a minimum of two additional spur sockets added to the backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-21-20 02:24 PM