Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
12-09-19, 08:47 AM
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System
Jeff,

Q1. I checked and verified that on the second seatalk port of the computer, (the wire I added) only the data/yellow wire is connected. Red wire was capped and secure,..
A1. Noted.

Q2. I moved the yellow seatalk cable that comes from the NG converter over to the 8002 head and powered it all back up and it says "no pilot". At this point I think that this seatalk port is bad..
A2. This is why I had directed moving the ST8002 within my previous response (i.e. to determine whether the course computer's SeaTalk port was operational) ... no heading or as you identified NO PILOT is an indication a SeaTalk failure of the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port.

Q3. i am guessing both ports should do the same thing
A3. Correct

Q4. so i reconfigured the displays to all be one the one working seatalk bus and then the NG converter was an option as a heading source on the Axiom...it was actually already selected..everything seems to work now. Is this ok as a temp config ? I attached a picture of the mod.
A4. Close, but not quite. As configured, the system may suffer a ground loop. This may be correct in one of the following ways:
- connect a terminal strip to the course computer's working SeaTalk port. Then connect the two original SeaTalk busses which I had originally specified to the terminal strip. When connecting the SeaTalk bus including the ST60 instruments to the terminal strip, be certain to not connect the SeaTalk cable's red lead to the terminal strip.
- within your latest diagram, cut the SeaTalk cable connecting the ST60 instruments to the ST8002. Then splice the cable back together, while leaving SeaTalk cable's red leads unspliced.

Q5. I have a spare X30 that I could install in place of this S2G (E12091)
A5. Yes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Intagration of the ClearCruise System - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-09-19 08:47 AM