Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Rvx Tranducer best suited for me and my abnormal hull.
12-24-19, 10:58 AM
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Rvx Tranducer best suited for me and my abnormal hull.
BILLFISHER21,

Q1. Seems the B175 ducer is only one frequency is that correct? If that is true than it would not be the good choice?
A1. The product name (ex. B175, B319 B260, B744V, P66, P79, etc.) identifies a family of transducers rather than a single transducer, each of which is designed for a specific manufacturer and fishfinder or instrument product offered by that manufacturer. As such, the transducer's product ID(s) should be used in determining compatibility of the transducer with Raymarine's fishfinding products. The product ID(s) of fishfinder transducers are printed on a tag which is affixed to the plug end of the transducer's cable. Raymarine offers 1kW CHIRP versions of the B175 centered on a low, medium, or high frequency. They may also be configured to transmit a single frequency.

Q2. Do you know if there would be any pros - cons between fairing block b265 and pocket mount pm265? Besides the obvious extra labor building a pocket mount receptacle.
A2. The key to pocket mounts is the quality of the pocket in ensuring a tight and flush fit to prevent aeration of the transducer at planing speeds. In contrast fairing blocks are specifically constructed and tested for performance under such conditions.

Q3. Since I will likely be stuck with one transducer for a while, should I go LH frequency or LM frequency like previously suggested? Will the LM still function decent in the 100' range?
A3. LM is really the choice for the deeper operation that you have specified. If operating in the 100' range. A high frequency will deliver best results in shallower waters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 Pro Rvx Tranducer best suited for me and my abnormal hull. - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-24-19 10:58 AM