Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transducer options on DSM300 changed
08-25-16, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-16 10:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Transducer options on DSM300 changed
Hi Chuck,
I understand your reply completely but I did call Airmar and they did recommend the temp/speed sensor part number that I purchased. The only problem with the transducer sensor is the fact that the connectors on the end of the cable are too big to fit through my cable channel in the bilge with out taking all of the other wires and cables out of the channel, which would be a real pain. So, with that said, I call Airmar and asked if the was a way to cut the end off the new temp/speed sensor and splice the temp/speed sensor cable to which they replied "Yes" but only if a Airmar water proof splice/junction box was used. I purchased one of these splice boxes and followed the Airmar specific instructions which I have attached to this, see figure #7. Everything on the DSM and MFG seem to be working fine except for the speed and the fact that the B744V transponder no longer shows on the DSM transducer option drop down list on the DSM configuration menu. I do have the "Y" cable that was shipped with my speed/temp sensor replacement so if I were get all of the cables, the original transducer zip cable with the failed temp/speed sensor and the replacement speed/temp sensor with the "Y" cable all back to their original state, and use the "Y" cable as it was intended, would the DSM transducer configuration drop down list, then, show the B744V transducer?

the future's so bright, i gotta wear shades
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transducer options on DSM300 changed - naz14 - 08-25-16 10:19 AM