The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i50/i60 Network Connections
03-21-16, 03:42 PM
i50/i60 Network Connections
I'm replacing old Datamarine instruments with the i50/i60 package and an i70 (bulkhead has four holes). The manual shows transducer pods but from what I can see online, the current practice is a direct connection to the instruments, or an ITC-5. Direct is fine, there are already cables from the current transducers. Let me know if that's incorrect.

I also have an older but serviceable belowdeck S1G with a ST6001 controller that I would like integrated into the network.

I found the attached diagram from a 2013 message that I'm using as my basic design - let me know if its appropriate for what I'm trying to do.

A few questions
- will the rudder sensor and fluxgate compass info be repeated to the i70?

- Will the pilot be able to use data from the i60/wind transducer to sail by the wind?

- I would also like to put an expansion capability to add an MFD at the wheel next year - where would I put in that connector?

- The diagram shows a three way connector on the ST side of the network, but I haven't seen that part anywhere. Is there a number?

- The diagram shows power for the whole network coming off of the SmartPilot - is that they way it should work?

- The diagram shows the i60 on the Seatalk side of the network, connected with Seatalk to Seatalk adaptor cables. Why isn't it connected to the other instruments with a Seatalkng cable, with just one adapter cable as opposed to two?

Thank you for your assistance and any help/tips.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
i50/i60 Network Connections - wheelerwbrian - 03-21-16 03:42 PM