Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] what sonar mod do I need?
06-25-18, 04:51 PM
RE: [CA11] what sonar mod do I need?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum gabilgerat,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how fishfinder features may be added to a C-Series Classic MFD.

Please note that Raymarine has produced no transducer having the product name p97 and that I suspect that the transducer may actually be a P79 transducer. The P79 Transducer is the name applied to a family of transducers manufactured by Airmar, Inc. for Raymarine and other marine electronics manufacturers. This transducer is manufactured in a number of variations based upon the manufacturer and model of fishfinder or instrument which the transducer will be interfaced to. If seeking a P79 Fishfinder Transducer for a DSM250, DSM30, or DSM300, then the E66008 Raymarine P79 In-Hull Fishfinder Transducer would be recommended.

Should the third party GPS antenna which you are referenced actually be a GPS sensor supporting 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 communications, then it may be possible to interface the GPS sensor to a DC power source and then interface its NMEA 0183 output leads to the R08004 5-Way NMEA 0183 Cable originally packaged with the C-Series Classic MFD. If not, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how a Raymarine Raystar 150 GPS Sensor may be interfaced to a C-Series Classic MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] what sonar mod do I need? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-25-18 04:51 PM