Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 radar turned off unexpectedly and would not turn on for a while
06-08-19, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-19 09:39 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 radar turned off unexpectedly and would not turn on for a while
Hi Chuck, it happened again today after about 2 hours of motoring the radar image went blank. When trying to turn radar on again no luck. Then tried turning everything off and restarting Axiom , but could not start radar from the Axiom screen said no radar found. After arrived at destination and restarted again was able to get radar to turn on. Boat is own battery power now voltage and batteries fine. Checked what version running Axiom 3.9.46 and the Quantum 2 has version 2.43 I believe both are the latest software. Went away for 2 hours everything off then restarted it found the radar. Turned things off and after 30 minutes could not start radar until tried about 6 times.
The diagnostic screen says voltage 12.3. Looked at checking for updates and beside the Axiom and Quantum 2 it also shows a Quantum wired adapter. Not sure what version it is and when try to update it via WiFi it says some updates failed. Will try again when get back to homeport Sunday. Could not find on web any info on Quantum wired adapter software version

-----------------

Hi Chuck as a follow up to my Sat reply
Latter on Saturday performed a reset on the Axiom as you noted. Then reloaded my way points and routes.
On Sunday prior to return trip started the system radar connected ok. On way back with engine and generator running everything ok for about 1.75 hrs. Sea conditions calm . Then noticed radar overlay gone,checked radar and it had turned off. Tried to restart it and tried turning its power on and off no luck. About 10 minutes latter we made it to dock. Tried for about 10min to get radar on finally it turned on. Left it own at dock for about 8hrs no problem.
Any ideas what to do?

When you say it sounds like radar went to sleep is there any way to prevent this feature.

Have noticed that sometimes after turning Axiom off when I start it and go to the radar it shows radar on in standby, other times when I go to the radar notice radar is off so I need to press the on button .

-----------------

Hi Chuck as a follow up to my Sat reply
Latter on Saturday performed a reset on the Axiom as you noted. Then reloaded my way points and routes.
On Sunday prior to return trip started the system radar connected ok. On way back with engine and generator running everything ok for about 1.75 hrs. Sea conditions calm . Then noticed radar overlay gone,checked radar and it had turned off. Tried to restart it and tried turning its power on and off no luck. About 10 minutes latter we made it to dock. Tried for about 10min to get radar on finally it turned on. Left it own at dock for about 8hrs no problem.
Any ideas what to do?

When you say it sounds like radar went to sleep is there any way to prevent this feature.

Have noticed that sometimes after turning Axiom off when I start it and go to the radar it shows radar on in standby, other times when I go to the radar notice radar is off so I need to press the on button .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 radar turned off unexpectedly and would not turn on for a while - E.hatch2086@cox.net - 06-08-19 02:21 PM