Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 radar turned off unexpectedly and would not turn on for a while
06-10-19, 03:55 PM
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 radar turned off unexpectedly and would not turn on for a while
Thanks Chuck for info. Will do further investigation regarding power supply

Things to note and questions
The Axiom and the Quantum 2 are on the same 15 amp breaker. This circuit was previously used to power my C120 and the radar dome vintage 2004. Never had a problem with that radar. Is the Quantum more finicky regarding power supply?

I did add a Bluesea switch/fuse box for the Axiom and Quantum next to the Axiom. So each now has a dedicated on/off switch and dedicated fuse as was suggested. note after the radar goes to sleep I can not get it back up by simply turning the radar switch off and on it usually take time and many tries.

The Quantum was wired with the new Raymarine power cable to the switch box and networked to the Axiom with the Raymarine net work cable.

Could there be an issue with the power connection at the Quantum dome not being a solid connection ? Is there any way to check the voltage or current going to the Quantum like some diagnostic screen on the Axiom?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 radar turned off unexpectedly and would not turn on for a while - E.hatch2086@cox.net - 06-10-19 03:55 PM