Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A57D external alarm capability
07-02-19, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-19 01:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] A57D external alarm capability
Bucky,

I do not believe that your proposed solution will work. While instruments will repeat supported data from the SeaTalk bus, they will not produce alarms in response to repeated data. Additionally, ST50 instruments are not supported for use with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. The best solution may be to replace the ST50 Depth Instrument with one of the following options:

- an i50 Depth Instrument and then additionally install an E26001-pz P79 Instrument transducer which in turn would be interfaced to the i50 Depth instrument. The i50 Depth Instrument, A57D MFD, and Seatalkng Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer would each then be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. To prevent interference with the i50 Depth Instrument, the A57D's Fishfinder application would be configured only to ping a 50khz.

- an i70S Multifunction Instrument Display (MFID) and then additionally install a T70278 P79 Smart Instrument transducer. The i70S Depth Instrument, Smart P79, A57D MFD, and Seatalkng Auxiliary Alarm Buzzer would each then be interfaced to one another via a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. As the P79 Smart Instrument transducer operates at 235kHz, the A57D's Fishfinder application may be configured for Auto, 50kHz, or 200kHz without concern for depth transducer interference.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] A57D external alarm capability - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-02-19 01:32 PM