Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Polars now in Lighthouse
03-21-20, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-20 07:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Polars now in Lighthouse
Hi again Chuck - on the topic of polars and laylines for sailboat racing now having purchased the Axiom 9 RV, seatalk ng starter kit and microtalk wireless gateway to interface with my Ray t-101 (t112 and t120 wireless wind instruments) it appears from the Lighthouse 3 detailed instructions I may need Speed through water to use polars. The boat already has an i40 for depth which works fine and speed through water (STW) sensor.

Question 1: Since we have seaweed issues where we sailboat race STW transducers are problematic due to fouling which is why none is now installed. Is it possible to use speed over ground (SOG) to display laylines instead of STW. This would be best because of both fouling of speed transducers and poor quality current data in our area in navionics and other chart apps.

Question 2: If Lighthouse 3 laylines/startline/polars cannot be made to work without STW what STW transducer (no depth needed) would be easiest to interface with my Axiom 9 RV? (I purchased the Axiom 9 RV and RV transducer to also use on my powerboat which we use for fishing)

We race a small boat (s2 7.9) so less is better)

Thanks for your patience

John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Polars now in Lighthouse - jfxk - 02-25-20, 10:28 AM
RE: [CA11] Polars now in Lighthouse - jfxk - 03-21-20 01:08 PM