Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 Radar/AxiomPro/Older SG3 Raymarine Autopilo
03-06-20, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-20 03:08 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Radar/AxiomPro/Older SG3 Raymarine Autopilo
Chuck,

Thank you very much.

As I want the functionality of tracking DSC targets on the MFD I will integrate a 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 multiplexer.

I have drawn a schematic and hope you can critique it. Once you show my errors I will draw a new one with the proper connectors.

As you will see I'm still unclear on the following:

1. Does the ST6002 plug directly in to the ACU or must it be connected to the backbone?
2. Is is better advised to substitute the AR200 for the S3Gs heading? (thus replacing the RS150 I currently have for my passive GPS antenna in this schematic)
3. I've tried to balance the LEN requirements as well for this system. Please advise if you see an error.
4. My EPIRB (ACR GlobalFix iPro) requires 4800 baud 0183 data for GPS position (via optical cable!!?!). I presume that can come from the multiplexer?
5. Do you have a recommendation for a good multiplexer? (e.g. YachtDevices, etc)

Thanks again for your fantastic help.

Brian Hill
SV_Atlas

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Raymarine Schematic.pdf (Size: 354.24 KB / Downloads: 305)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Radar/AxiomPro/Older SG3 Raymarine Autopilo - sv_atlas - 03-06-20 02:58 PM