Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SeatalkNG to S1 course computer
02-10-17, 09:52 AM
RE: SeatalkNG to S1 course computer
I was surprised by FAQ I quoted below that my S1 SmartPilot should interface with the A95 I'm ordering using NMEA0183 rather than through the SeaTalk-SeatalknG converter already needed to interface my (minimally functional) SR50 to the A95. I've updated my system diagram accordingly, but could I please have a quick review of the connections I've planned to interface a new A95 and Q24C with the existing instruments? I've attached a diagram.

"NOTE: Autpilot Course Computer products introduced prior to the Type 150/150G, 400/400G, ST4000+, ST5000+, instrument products introduced prior to the ST50+, as well as chartplotting, fishfinding, and radar products introduced prior to these autopilots and instruments utilize an older version of the SeaTalk communications protocol than did the products which followed them. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter has neither been designed nor tested for use with such products. Accordingly, it is recommended that any such devices within your present system be disconnected from the SeaTalk bus and that they instead be interfaced to the newly created system via NMEA 0183 communications protocol if possible. "
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: SeatalkNG to S1 course computer - tnesse - 02-10-17 09:52 AM