Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 3 MFDs Through HS5 RayNet Network Switch?
04-08-20, 03:11 PM
RE: [CA11] 3 MFDs Through HS5 RayNet Network Switch?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Steve,

Q1. I want to add a an additional e95 to my cockpit so we can use it while fishing. What cable is needed to connect to the switch and will the new e95 have full functionality?
A1. Please note that the e9x/e12x MFDs feature two Ethernet (RayNet) ports. Should one of the Ethernet ports of one of the currently installed MFDs not presently be in use, then it may simply be interfaced to the new MFD via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Should no unused Ethernet ports be available, then a second HS5 RayNet Network Switch would then need to be installed. The Gigabit/sec port or two HS5 RayNet Network Switches would be linked to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. Similarly, the MFD to be added would be linked to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2. without interfering with my other MFDs?
A2. MFDs running LightHouse II software (i.e. a/c/e-Series MFDs) are designed share resources, but to function independently of one another with regard to the information being displayed on each MFD's screen. That said, as resources (ex. radar, fishfinder sounder module, etc.) are shared, changes to the configuration / settings of the shared resource (ex. range, gain, etc.) performed on any of the system's MFDs will be reflected in the performance / features of the shared resource on the other MFDs within the system which will be utilizing that same resource.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] 3 MFDs Through HS5 RayNet Network Switch? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-08-20 03:11 PM