Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] 3 MFDs Through HS5 RayNet Network Switch?
04-10-20, 09:58 AM
RE: [CA11] 3 MFDs Through HS5 RayNet Network Switch?
I currently use a cheap 19" monitor displaying my e125 feed but the resolution is crappy and pixelated. The monitor has lasted two years and 20 trips. A replacement monitor is less than $150. It would not be a marine grade but I have proven to myself the cost trade-off.
So if I understand this correctly, the latest Lighthouse 3 that runs the Axiom MFDs does not have this option either? That seems strange to me. My boat is a 43 Mikelson but any big boat would want the ability to have either a third or fourth display in the salon or cockpit for the crew, wife etc. to be able to monitor and plan tracks etc. What is the output resolution on the Axiom or Lighthouse 3 software? Is it a software or hardware controlled output?
I somewhat understand the planned obsolescence that we all have to live with today, BUT, replacing all my electronics every 5-6 years is frustrating. I also understand that the designs strive but cannot be all things to all people. They are certainly complicated and packed with features.

A second option might be the use of a tablet and App. For the Salon. Can I assume the app changes the main display as well?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] 3 MFDs Through HS5 RayNet Network Switch? - beast123 - 04-10-20 09:58 AM