Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] safe transfer of logbook when replacing RC530
05-11-20, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-20 10:24 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[TG11] safe transfer of logbook when replacing RC530
I am running Raymarine from A-Z and it runs fine since 2001. The two main screens are RC530 and RC72 L and I use all the ST60 tridata ST6000 Autopilot and ST60 WIND

I have just bought a second hand RC530 (mint condition) to replace the RC530 that I have had by the helm since 2001.

I have taken out the “tired” RC530 and the log is still displayed so I have no major worries.

I want to I reassure that the “replacement” RC530 adopts all log data "on the boat" . It would be said if I suddenly get the log from the replacement unit or worse loose my electronic log.

Can anybody tell me what steps I have to take so that my LOGBOOK (elecronic 9500 NM) does not gets replaced or destroyed) ?

Thank you in advance!
Sten
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-20, 10:39 PM
RE: [TG11] safe transfer of logbook when replacing RC530
Hello Sten,

My memory on Pathfinder systems is hazy now, it's been 15 years since I used one extensively, and I can't find any certain confirmation in the handbook, but no, I don't think there is any way to back up that log data outside the display itself.

The Pathfinder displays could back up waypoints and routes over NMEA0183, Seatalk or HSB/HSB2, or to a C-Map User Card, but I know that the NMEA0183 and Seatalk data transfers won't include the Log data and I am 99% certain that the C-Map User Card backup wouldn't either (and that wouldn't help you anyway since the C-Map User Cards and USB card readers are, I suspect, no longer available and they weren't readable by standard computer software in order to allow you to extract data from them even if it were there).

They only way that I think this data can be copied between displays is over HSB/HSB2 (as you have done) and that's rather a blind alley: no display made since Pathfinder was retired in 2004 has been able to read that very old network data.

I would start transposing it manually, or at least taking photos of the screen whilst you have the data.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply