Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD
06-23-16, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-16 01:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD
I have a question from your reply, as well as another couple of questions on a different matter

It was my understanding that the units(the newest version produced) did in fact produce that PGN, however when looking at the specifications form the PDF that they have online, it doesn't have that PGN listed. Here are the PGN's listed for each sensor that I have installed:PGNs transmitted

59392 – ISO Acknowledgment
59904 – ISO Request
60928 – ISO Address Claim
126996 – Product Information
127489 – Engine Parameters, Dynamic

Any clarification on the PGN's and the data that I will be receiving to the Raymarine unit would be appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to add each flow meter's data bar on my customized page that I created.
Immediately I had the reading of:

0.00 g/H on the port fuel flow data and
-.-- on the starboard fuel flow ....

I was not able to see each motor individually. Both Fuel Meters were still sending the signals to the MFD as PORT Fuel Flow. So here are my next questions

Q1: Am I correct in assuming that since I was able to see both of the fuel rates, even though they are showing up as PORT FF(fuel Flow) All that remains to resolve this issues is to go into Set-up > System Settings > External Devices > Engines Set-up and then go through the Engine Identification Wizard to assign those sensors to the correct engine? That is what I gathered from the Lighthouse user manual.

Q2: What do I need to do to show the fuel remaining for each tank from the fuel flow that is being used? I am not able to see the gas tanks separately, only as a total fuel renaming and that is resetting as well.

I also noticed that when I powered the MFD and checked my data page, My remaining fuel was reset to showing 116 gallons remaining even though I had previously seen that I burned 10 gallons on a joyride cruise after installing the meters.

Next Gen Charters
1998 Baha Cruisers 285 Weekender Hardtop
Twin Merc 350 Inboards
Raymarine a78 Wi-Fi MFD - Evolution EV-150
CHIRP DownVision,RD418D Digital Radar Dome, ClearPulse, CPT-100, SeatalkNG
(2)Lowrance NMEA 2K Fuel flow sensors, Depth Raider probe,
(3) Cannon Mag-5 Downriggers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fuel Flow meters not showing correctly on a78 MFD - kingspade - 06-23-16 09:28 AM