Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connecting power to new network
08-24-16, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-24-16 10:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: connecting power to new network
Chuck,

I added the I70s and placed on the diagram as a spur connection.

a few more questions for you.

My boat (Carver 33 SS 2006) has a breaker box for the equipment though nothing is wired to it except power from the battery. I can only see the rating on the VHF breaker which is 10 amp and what is required for the Ray60. Given that these all meet the specs in the documents for the ACU200 (20 amp), the Radar (5 amp), and the MFD (15 amp), (along with the radio (10 amp)) when I investigate we should be good to go. I have attached a couple of pictures.

I will add a switch box beside of the breakers. I looked at the West Marine version like the one you have on your system but they are all 15 amp breakers. I would prefer to use an all in one (breaker and switch) but will need varying amperages for the equipment.Since I already have one (if the amperages match), I will just go with the existing one.

Questions for you

1) What amperage breaker should I attach to the backbone power cable? I didn't see any guidelines anywhere and the equipment is described variously as watts, amps, or no description. If that question takes us beyond the forum bandwidth is there anything you could direct me to?
2) I looked at the chart you referenced in another post on LEN values but didnt see the transducers, the Sonar or the RADAR. I couldnt find that info in the docs either. So I don't have LEN values for the transducer (DST800), the radar (Quantum with direct connection to eS127), the sonar (P79 Raya with direct connection to eS127), or the two MEFI's from Fox Marine (By the way, thanks for the info on the MEFI's you directed me to. That was helpful.) I assigned a LEN value of 1 to each just to see how balanced the network was and it came back to 8 and 8. Without LEN values for them one side is off by 1. Should I assign LEN values to them? May have answered my own question here.
3) This question has to do with powering equipment. If I don't connect a switch to the backbone power cable, will the P79 continue sounding with the eS127 powered down? Will the DST 800 continue measuring temperature and depth with the I70s powered down?
4) when I switch off the equipment (using remote switches) will I lose any set up data for any of the equipment?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Nate
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: connecting power to new network - nharrison5 - 08-24-16 10:26 AM