Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ITC-5 i70s Wind Depth Sensors
09-14-17, 01:05 PM
RE: ITC-5 i70s Wind Depth Sensors
The sys has a E120 and a E80 connected together over SeatalkHS. They are also connected vis Seattle to a Type 300 autopilot course computer, and a SeatalkNG to Seattle converter via a spur on the backbone.

The ITC-5 is installed on the backbone and is verified to have the latest software. When the wind or depth is intermittent I do see a green flashing LED, the instruction manual is confusing what this means other than it is a fault. What can cause this?

The system has two brand new i70s instruments connects via spurs to the backbone. I was not aware one is a master, how can I tell which, and how can I test the communication between them. One of them display all data, including the intermittent wind and depth information, but the other does not display GPS or AIS data.

The autopilot has a ST6001 and Type 300 course computer. It is connected to the master MFD via Seatalk.

The AIS650 appears to work correctly now, and has the latest firmware installed.

The wind transducer has all new and triple checked wiring. At the ITC-5 there is a green flashing LED sometimes. What does this mean what should be done about it. Sometimes the wind direction and/or speed is zero.

The depth transducer works more often than the wind instrument, but also displays zero sometimes.

Everything has been verified to have the latest software. Everything including the wiring has been replaced except the MFD's and is new.

The only guess I have is that there may be a problem with the power provided to the backbone. The voltage level is fine, but may there is noise or the ground is not solid enough. Could this cause these intermittent problems?

I have tried removing everything except one instrument, the wind/depth traduces, and the ITC-5. It was still intermittent.

Two questions:

Q1: How to test the voltage and ground integrity.
Q2: What do the flashing green LEDs on the ITC-5 mean and what should be done to debug why they are flashing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ITC-5 i70s Wind Depth Sensors - olesenrl - 09-14-17 01:05 PM