The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AXIOM 9 NETWORKING
10-06-17, 10:26 AM
AXIOM 9 NETWORKING
Greetings, I purchased and installed a new Axiom 9" MFD with Real Vision 3D sonar and Navionic+ charts this past July and I'm very happy with it. This unit replaced 1 of 2 older Raymarine RL70 type displays for 2005 vintage Raymarine open array radar and gps/chart plotter. I used this Axiom 9 as a stand alone GPS chart plotter for the rest of the boating season, as I did not install a RV 3D transducer and I did not try to network it with the older Raymarine electronics.

I will be updating the rest of my electronics over the winter and spring months. I recently purchased a new 48" open array SHD radar system and RV-200 3D transducer, and I plan to install those systems over the winter. I plan to purchase another Axiom 9 MFD, a GPS receiver/antenna, and perhaps a new VHF DSC radio this Fall as well to take advantage of the Fall sales promotion. I have a few questions regarding the second Axiom 9 and the best networking option before I make my next purchases:

1) Regarding the new (second) Axion 9...will there be an issue if I purchase this second Axiom 9 unit without the RV 3D sonar feature and with the Raymarine Lighthouse charts, such as:
1a) Will I be able to view the Navionics charts on one screen and Lighthouse charts on the other screen simulatanteously if the Axiom's are networked?
1b) Will I be able to view Navionics charts on the Lighthouse based unit and/or the Lighthouse charts on the Navionics based unit?
1c) Will I be able to view the RV 3D images on the both screens/units, even the Axiom unit that does not have the RV feature?

2) Regarding networking....what is the cleanest, simplest way to network the two Axiom 9's (one unit will have the RV-200 transducer hooked to it), the open array SHD radar and the VHF DSC radio? (i.e. Do I "dedicate/hook" one Axiom to depth/sonar and the dedicate/hook the other Axiom to radar and network the two Axiom's, or, do I hook all units, except the RV-200 transducer, to a Seatalk network or NMEA200 network? If the Seatalk or NMEA network is the preferred method, what's the best network and best way to do this?)

Thank you in advance for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 10-06-17 10:26 AM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 10-06-17, 11:00 AM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 02:35 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 03:41 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 04:28 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-13-17, 12:49 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-13-17, 05:38 PM