Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AXIOM 9 NETWORKING
10-06-17, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-17 10:48 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lazlukacs,

1) Regarding the new (second) Axion 9...will there be an issue if I purchase this second Axiom 9 unit without the RV 3D sonar feature and with the Raymarine Lighthouse charts, such as:
Q1a) Will I be able to view the Navionics charts on one screen and Lighthouse charts on the other screen simulatanteously if the Axiom's are networked?
A1a) Yes, as long as both MFDs are switched ON and both have been networked via Ethernet (RayNet). The MFDs are designed to share all supported system data and resources. As such, either networked MFD will have access not only to the cartography within its own reader, but also to that with the readers of the other networked MFDs. This would permit any of the networked MFDs to display any or all of the available types of cartography simultaneously within multiple Chart application panes.

Q1b) Will I be able to view Navionics charts on the Lighthouse based unit and/or the Lighthouse charts on the Navionics based unit?
A1b) Yes ... see the response to Q1a.

A1c) Will I be able to view the RV 3D images on the both screens/units, even the Axiom unit that does not have the RV feature?
A1c) Yes, as long as the Axiom RV MFD is switched ON and both have been networked via Ethernet (RayNet).

Q2) Regarding networking....what is the cleanest, simplest way to network the two Axiom 9's (one unit will have the RV-200 transducer hooked to it), the open array SHD radar and the VHF DSC radio? (i.e. Do I "dedicate/hook" one Axiom to depth/sonar and the dedicate/hook the other Axiom to radar and network the two Axiom's, or, do I hook all units, except the RV-200 transducer, to a Seatalk network or NMEA200 network? If the Seatalk or NMEA network is the preferred method, what's the best network and best way to do this?)
A2) The Axiom RV MFDs and radar transducer (not required for Quantum radomes) will each be interfaced to a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. The Data Master MFD alone will be interfaced as a spur to powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the DSC radio supporting SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications will also be interfaced as a spur. SeaTalkng networking components are recommended for use in creating the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 network. Adapters are available for devices having DeviceNet Micro-C plugs instead of SeaTalkng spur plugs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 10-06-17, 10:26 AM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-06-17 10:46 AM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 10-06-17, 11:00 AM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 02:35 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 03:41 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 04:28 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-13-17, 12:49 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-13-17, 05:38 PM