Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AXIOM 9 NETWORKING
11-08-17, 04:03 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING
Q1) I should connect the direct powered Axiom 9 RV MFD, with the RV-200 3D transducer and the 48" Open Array SHD Color Radar to the direct powered HS5 Network Switch and connect the direct powered HS5 Network Switch to the direct powered SeaTalkng 5-way Connector, correct?
A1) The direct powered Axiom MFD(s) will each be interfaced to the direct powered HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. It is recommended that the HS5 RayNet Network Switch be powered from the same circuit which is supplying power to the MFD(s). The direct powered radar transducer will be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of Digital Radar Cable.

The SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector will not be connected to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. Your system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone will require four spur sockets to support interfacing the Data Master MFD, Raystar 150 GPS Sensor, Ray60, and SeaTalkng Power Cable to the backbone. The Raystar 150 GPS Sensor's Cable and SeaTalkng Power Cable will each be connected to a spur socket within the backbone. The Data Master MFD will be interfaced to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of DeviceNet (F) to SeaTalkng Spur Cable.
Ray60 will be connected to a spur socket within the backbone via an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable.

Q2) I should connect the direct powered Axiom 9 MFD to the direct powered SeaTalkng 5-way Connector, correct?
A2) Partially correct ... see the response to Q1 as four SeaTalkng spur sockets are required for the devices which you have listed.

Q3) I should connect the direct powered Ray60 VHS Radio to the direct powered SeaTalkng 5-way connector, correct?
A3) Partially correct ... see the response to Q1 as four SeaTalkng spur sockets are required for the devices which you have listed.

Q4) I should connect the network powered RS150 GPS Antenna to the direct powered SeaTalkng 5-way connector, correct?
A4) Partially correct ... see the response to Q1 as four SeaTalkng spur sockets are required for the devices which you have listed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 10-06-17, 10:26 AM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 10-06-17, 11:00 AM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 02:35 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 03:41 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-08-17 04:03 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-08-17, 04:28 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-13-17, 12:49 PM
RE: AXIOM 9 NETWORKING - Lazlukacs - 11-13-17, 05:38 PM