Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Radar w/ Axiom 9
01-20-19, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-24-19 09:11 AM by Louise - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Radar w/ Axiom 9
I'm looking to add a radar to my boat. I have the Axiom 9" unit. I'm trying to stick with Raymarine but will use 3rd party if possible. I have a 19' older boat so not looking to spend to much. I want to be able to use more of the features in my head unit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-19, 09:47 AM
RE: [CA11] Radar w/ Axiom 9
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Skamionek,

Like radar displays of other marine electronics manufacturers, Raymarine MFDs are exclusively compatible with Raymarine branded MFDs. In the case of Axiom/Axiom Pro/Axiom XL MFDs, they are compatible with any currently manufactured Raymarine radome or open array radar. For this application, it would be recommended that a Quantum radome supporting Wi-Fi only communications be considered. If seeking a little more capability, most notably Doppler radar features, then it would be recommended that a Quantum 2 radome be considered. The latter may be installed with or without a Quantum Data Cable. When installed without a Quantum Data Cable, the Quantum 2 radome will support Wi-Fi communications with the MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply