Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] In hull transducer/ instrument recommendation
06-25-19, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-19 01:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] In hull transducer/ instrument recommendation
For 6 years I have been successfully receiving depth info from my i40 depth display linked to a 2003 vintage b744v throughull transducer. These have performed flawlessly with the rest of my St instruments (RL80c plotter, ST60 multi displays)

Today the i40 stopped receiving data - showing “- - -“ only for depth.
I presume the issue lies with the transducer.

Having just had the boat hauled for service and maintenance I am loathe to have her hauled yet again to replace the transducer.

What are your recommendations for either:
a) A new in-hull transducer that would be compatible with the i40 depth
Or, if this is not possible,
b) a new in-hull transducer and new depth display that would be compatible with my existing St instruments

Thanks,

Neil Scott
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-19, 02:48 PM
RE: [CA11] In hull transducer/ instrument recommendation
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Neil,

Q1) A new in-hull transducer that would be compatible with the i40 depth
A1) Unlike the i50 Depth &Tridata instruments and iTC-5, the ST40 Depth & Bidata instruments as well as the currently sold i40 Depth & Bidata instruments are not suited (insufficient power output) for use with an in-hull transducers. The ST40 Depth & Bidata instruments as well as the i40 Depth & Bidata instruments must be interfaced to a thru-hull or transom mounted instrument depth transducer.

Q2) a new in-hull transducer and new depth display that would be compatible with my existing St instruments
A2) It is recommended that an i50 Depth instrument display along with an E26001-pz P79 In-Hull Depth instrument transducer be used as a replacement for the ST40 Depth instrument. The SeaTalk cable which is presently connected to the i40 Depth instrument may be unplugged from the instrument and connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The A06047 SeaTalk Adapter Cable would then be used to interface the i50 Depth instrument to the D244 Junction Block.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply