The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Mercury Smartcraft to a78
08-14-19, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-22-19 08:47 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Mercury Smartcraft to a78
I have a fully functional SeaTalkng backbone for a78/CPT100/CPT200 also connected to my N2k compatible Level 2 Mercmonitor (MM). Original setup advice given in 2015 on the old tech forum, which I followed to the letter, included the use of an inline terminator to connect to MM.

The one thing I was have never been able to obtain is GPS info to MM. My a78 also did not display the MM as a device on the network. Have always been suspicious of the inline terminator, and last weekend, it with a SeaTalkng "T".

Checking device list afterward, the MM now displays as a device on the network. I thought the issue was finally resolved but still no GPS data to MM.

MM info from a78 device list:

NMEA data base version: 1.3
Product code: 130
Model ID: Mercury Marine M3
Software version: 5.01
Model version: Gateway
Model serial code: 110415116 3
Can address: 0

Current MM GPS settings:

Gateway: N2k
Gateway: Transmit (correct setting Smartcraft capable engines which mine is)
GPS data: Yes
GPS Enabled: Yes
Use GPS speed: Yes

Why am I still not receiving GPS info on the network? Do I need to run the "engine id" procedure (don't care to have engine data displayed on MFD)?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Mercury Smartcraft to a78 - PhilC - 08-14-19 09:43 AM